Shoespie.com Shoespie 85% Off Heels, Shop Now!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

BRUCE JENNER

 **REVISED** the post a wee bit.....
First off, I would like to commend Bruce Jenner for his courage with going public but then again, PET PEEVE Another Reality Show? (heavy sigh 'cause I know I'll watch).  and always, I've got a CLICHE - And the Rich get Richer!  My apologies, I just had to spit that out because it's really what I think.

SIDE NOTE:  So, rich, getting richer rich people, maybe with rthe riches you could help a few of my trans* friends get the surgeries they so desperately need and may
never be able to afford?  Let's put it out there. Jenner's and Kardashians, do you wanna try it again?  Let's Break the Internet!  Kim K. we need you honey, help us #BreakTheInternetForChange.

Bruce is a role model to many Americans and as he opens the rest of his life up to the world, this time he's gonna let us stick a knife in his gut and lay him wide open.  I think this is gonna hurt, emotionally.   Then,... I think,... what about all the emotional paid he's ALREADY suffered.




He will always be someone I look up to and admire for all he has done thus far and all the understanding he is about to bring to us if, indeed, there is to be a reality show. (Just want you all to know, I love reality shows. Really.)

Seriously, all my kidding aside, I'm not trying to minimize Bruce's transition here.   Everyone deserves happenis (check WORDS, ...bitch, puuleeez! And don't nobody crack no jokes here).     I do believe I've spoken before of my husbands pain and isolation.  I stood by his side, idly watching, all the while feeling helpless, lonely and afraid for our future.  For Bruce to do this in the spotlight, kudos.  We need more supportive celebrities on this side.  

Britt Kennerly of Florida Today touched on the onslaught of ignorance we're seeing in the tabloids in her article about respect.  Hatred needs to never to surface here. When I experience hate, I tend to respond with the same.  If I can just better choose my thoughts, words and deeds, there may be some mutual respect, in my life, that arises.

My friend over at Cyrsti's Condo compiled several articles on how our country is transgenderizing in her blog post, "We HAVE Come a Long Way".  She, too, mentions the lonliness she experienced during her closeted days trans.  I am so glad I found her blog because it takes me through his-her life from the perspective of my husband. Cyrsti is a MtF trans* who was married for over 25 years to her wife.   Interestingly, lonliness on both sides.  She also wrote a book, "Stilletos on Thin Ice".  Go check it out.

My hope is with this new-found openness in our country, we are becoming more united as a country that embraces our differences, inspires our characters and promotes our people to new levels of understanding and tolerance where we truly know the extent of what it means to be free.   And Freedom isn't free.

Hey Cyrsti, Let's start a role call of our military trans* that will be counted.

Angel Harding - USCG
Maria Harding - USN (Wife)



1 comment :

  1. Oh wow Marcia! If you have read my latest post about you and Angel, you probably know by now my first wife was in the old "Woman's Army Corps". And no, me being a cross dresser had no direct reason we were divorced. :)

    ReplyDelete